Hello From Tasmania Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello From Tasmania Australia

I have just had a look at the general layout of this site; I have registered and posted my first item. I thought I might play a role in helping to determine general Procedures here in this sub-section since no one has posted in this part of the site yet.

Some people when they introduce themselves give little away. They say things like: "How are you?" or "Nice to be here," and other simple phrases. Others like myself give a full introduction. Everyone should feel to introduce themselves as they desire or not to do so as they also desire. Anyway here is my "hello from Tasmania Australia."-Ron
    1999-2004-Tutor and/or President: George Town School for Seniors Inc
    1988-1999 -Lecturer in General Studies and Human Services West Australian Department of Training
    1986-1987 -Acting Lecturer in Management Studies and Co-ordinator of
    Further Education Unit at Hedland College in South Hedland, WA.
    1982-1985 -Adult Educator, Open College of Tafe, Katherine, NT
    1981 -Maintenance Scheduler, Renison Bell, Zeehan, Tasmania
    1980-Unemployed: Bi-Polar Disability
    1979 -Editor, External Studies Unit, Tasmanian CAE; Youth Worker, Resource Centre Association, Launceston; Lecturer in Organizational Behaviour, Tasmanian CAE; Radio Journalist ABC, Launceston
    1976-1978 -Lecturer in Social Sciences & Humanities, Ballarat CAE, Ballarat
    1975 - Lecturer in Behavioural Studies, Whitehorse Technical College, Box Hill, Victoria
    1974 -Senior Tutor in Education Studies, Tasmanian CAE, Launceston
    1972-1973 -High School Teacher, South Australian Education Department
    1971 Primary School Teacher, Whyalla SA, Australia
    1969-1971 Primary School Teacher, Prince Edward County Board of Education, Picton, Ontario, Canada
    1969 Systems Analyst, Bad Boy Co. Ltd., Toronto Ontario
    1967-68 -Community Teacher, Department of Indian Affairs and Northern Development,
    Frobisher Bay(Iqaluit), NWT, Canada
    1959-67 -Summer jobs from grade 9 to end of university
    1949-1967 - Attended 2 primary schools, 2 high schools and 2 universities in Canada:
    McMaster Uni:1963-1966, Windsor T’s College: 1966/7.
    1944-1963 -Childhood(1944-57) and adolescence(1957-63) in and around Hamilton Ontario.

2. SOME SOCIO-BIO-DATA(as of: 2007)

I have been married for 41 years. My wife is a Tasmanian, aged 60. We’ve had 3 children: ages in 2007-41, 37 and 30. I am 63, a Canadian who moved to Australia in 1971 and have written 3 books--all available on the internet. I retired from full-time teaching in 1999, part-time teaching in 2004 and volunteer/casual teaching/work in 2005 after 35 years in classrooms. In addition, I have been a member of the Baha’i Faith for 48 years. Bio-data: 6ft, 225 lbs, eyes/hair-brown, Caucasian. See my website for more details at: http://www.users.on.net/~ronprice/ or go the google search engine and type: Pioneering RonPrice, RonPrice Poetry, RonPrice Bahá’í, RonPrice History,(philosophy, religion, media studies, politics, inter alia)--for additional writings.
    Last edited by RonPrice; 03-30-2008, 12:02 AM. Reason: to correct a spelling error
    married for 47 years, a teacher for 32, a student for 18, writer and editor for 15, and a Baha'i for 55 (in 2014)

Re: Hello From Tasmania Australia

Originally posted by RonPrice View Post
    See my website for more details at: http://www.users.on.net/~ronprice/ or go the google search engine and type: Pioneering RonPrice, RonPrice Poetry, RonPrice Bahá’í, RonPrice History,(philosophy, religion, media studies, politics, inter alia)--for additional writings.
    For a slightly more easily readable version of Ron Price's website go to:

Table of Contents

Comment

Thank you, AdminGal, for your prompt response. And thank you especially for the marked improvement you have made in the layout of my website with a few of your internet and technical talents. You can come and visit and have a cup of tea here in Tasmania any time. We are the last stop on the way to Antarctica, if you take the western Pacific-rim route.-Ron
      married for 47 years, a teacher for 32, a student for 18, writer and editor for 15, and a Baha'i for 55 (in 2014)

Comment

Thank you. I look forward to the visit.

Originally posted by RonPrice View Post
        You can come and visit and have a cup of tea here in Tasmania any time. We are the last stop on the way to Antarctica, if you take the western Pacific-rim route.-Ron
        Thank you. I look forward to the visit.
        Table of Contents

Comment

It has been more than 4 years since I introduced myself at this website, so I'll update my post below:
          -------------------------------------------
          EMPLOYMENT-SOCIAL-ROLE POSITIONS: 1943-2012

2010-2012-Retired and on a pension in George Town, Tasmania
          1999-2009-Writer & Author, Poet & Publisher, Editor & Researcher. Retired Teacher & Lecturer, Tutor & Adult Educator, Taxi-Driver & Ice-Cream Salesman, George Town Tasmania Australia
          2002-2005-Program Presenter City Park Radio Launceston
          1999-2004-Tutor &/or President George Town School for Seniors Inc
          1988-1999 -Lecturer in General Studies & Human Services West Australian Department of Training
          1986-1987 -Acting Lecturer in Management Studies & Co-ordinator of Further Education Unit at Hedland College in South Hedland WA
          1982-1985 -Adult Educator Open College of Tafe Katherine NT
          1981 -Maintenance Scheduler Renison Bell Zeehan Tasmania
          1980-Unemployed due to illness and recovery
          1979-Editor External Studies Unit Tasmanian CAE; Youth Worker Resource Centre Association; Lecturer in Organizational Behaviour Tasmanian CAE; Radio Journalist ABC---all in Launceston Tasmania
          1976-1978 -Lecturer in Social Sciences & Humanities Ballarat CAE Ballarat, Victoria
          1975 - Lecturer in Behavioural Studies Whitehorse Technical College, Box Hill Victoria
          1974 -Senior Tutor in Education Studies Tasmanian CAE Launceston, Tasmania
          1972-1973 -High School Teacher South Australian Education Dept.
          1971-Primary School Teacher Whyalla South Australia
          1969-1971 Primary School Teacher Prince Edward County Board of Education Picton Ontario Canada
          1969-Systems Analyst Bad Boy Co Ltd Toronto Ontario
          1967-68 -Community Teacher Department of Indian Affairs & Northern Development Frobisher Bay NWT Canada
          1959-67 -Summer jobs-1 to 4 months each- from grade 10 to end of university
          1949-1967 - Attended 2 primary schools, 2 high schools and 2 universities in Canada: McMaster Uni-1963-1966, Windsor Teachers’ College-1966/7
          1944-1963 -Childhood(1944-57) and adolescence(1957-63) in and around Hamilton Ontario
          1943 to 1944-Conception in October 1943 to birth in July 1944 in Hamilton Ontario

2. SOME SOCIO-BIO-DATA TO 2012

I have been married twice for a total of 45 years. My second wife is a Tasmanian, aged 65. We’ve had one child: age 34. I have two step-children: ages: 46 and 41, three step-grandchildren, ages 18, 15 and 1, as well as one grandchild aged 6 months. All of the above applies in December 2012. I am 67, am a Canadian who moved to Australia in 1971 and have written several books--all available on the internet.

I retired from full-time teaching in 1999, part-time teaching in 2003 and volunteer teaching/work in 2005 after 32 years in classrooms as a teacher and another 18 as a student. In addition, I have been a member of the Baha’i Faith for 53 years. Bio-data: 6ft, 235 lbs, eyes-brown/hair-grey, Caucasian.

My website is found at:
          http://www.ronpriceepoch.com/ You can also go to any search engine and type: Ron Price followed by any one of a number of words in addition to: poetry, forums, religion, literature, history, bipolar disorder, psychology, sociology, philosophy, inter alia, to access my writing____________

Comment

Note to moderators: thanks for deleting the spam posts.-Ron
            Last edited by RonPrice; 09-27-2012, 07:34 AM. Reason: to add some words

Comment

I have a new website at: http://www.ronpriceepoch.com/ It has been up-and-at-'em for 18 months.-Ron

Comment

Working...
              X