Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The national power of the religious fundamentalists has come to an end because of the nefarious neo-cons.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The national power of the religious fundamentalists has come to an end because of the nefarious neo-cons.

After the demise of the failed George W. Bush presidency, I don’t believe there is any way that the Republican Party can survive on the National level. The damage is far more severe than the relative trivialities of the Nixon administration and Watergate, which almost ended the Republican Party.

The Republican Party is splintering its base that is about evenly split among the religious fundamentalists, world-view neo cons, and the traditional, economic conservatives of Robert Taft, Adlai Stevenson, and Barry Goldwater.

Which essentially means the national power of the religious fundamentalists has come to an end because of the unpopularity of the nefarious neo-cons; and thus, even the fiscally conservative Republicans, maybe at best 20% of Americans, will be ineffectual.

Over the course of the next four years, it will be interesting to see what party emerges to take the place of the Republican Party. Or, will the two party system that so limits true democracy be cast aside.

Note the training of two of the three remaining candidates for what may well be the most demanding job in the world. In a country approaching 300,000,000 million people it is truly amazing what there is to choose from after the two party system winnows our choice to two persons.

Will the new party be one comprised of lobbyists, corporations, and single-world interests versus the people’s party of the Democrats?

Re: The national power of the religious fundamentalists has come to an end because of the nefarious neo-cons.

A majority of the Republican party doesn't necessarily view Bush's presidency as a tremendous failure, let alone comparable to Watergate (although it most certainly has, in the eyes of most rational persons). The Republicans, rather, will continue to have significant voices throughout the Federal bureaucracy as they usually have, but the views of ultra-right-wing neoconservatives have absolutely no place in American politics anymore. I wouldn't be surprised to see their influence dwindle in the national legislature, as it most justly should.

Comment

I can not foresee any circumstance where the country will ever be “ruled” by religious fundamentalists and neo-cons.

Originally posted by Midgar21 View Post
      A majority of the Republican party doesn't necessarily view Bush's presidency as a tremendous failure, let alone comparable to Watergate (although it most certainly has, in the eyes of most rational persons).
      This may be so.

However, as the past several elections have demonstrated, the two parties are almost evenly divided when the Republicans have been much more adept at “getting out the vote”; particularilly, among Christian fundamentalists.

The true fiscally conservative Republican (Taft, Sr., Goldwater, Rockefeller, etc.) and those that strongly believe in the “status quo” (the definition of a conservative) are probably, at best, no more than 20% of the voting population. The neo-cons with a world view backed by international corporations and the military/industrial complex that Eisenhower warned about, together with the religious fundamentalists account for the balance of the Republican vote. Simply, the Republican party has enjoyed, since Reagan, about three equal groups of supporters . . . that are entirely interdependent.

None of these large voting blocks are compatible; while the public that constitutes the other 50% has become acutely aware of the damage that this united cabal has been capable of. Without the strong support of all three groups and a lax public the national Republican party cannot function.

My fear is that the fiscally, influential and corporate/military complex will form another coalition . . . another party; and hood-wink the ill-informed and "persuadable." That is my warning.

True we are in difficult times; however, I do not see the solutions coming from any of the three Republican groups that I have described.

If there is a solution, it is to come from reasoned discourse. If discourse fails, there is little, long-term hope as the planet Earth is not sustainable with any alternative.

Orange County, California (Nixon, Reagan, “B-1” Bob Dornan, many religious fanatics . . . John Wayne) has long been a Republican bastion. Loretta Sanchez is leading the Democrats to a plurality. See the forwarded e-mail (at the end of this post) received today from a liberal friend in Orange County, CA.

The Republicans, rather, will continue to have significant voices throughout the Federal bureaucracy as they usually have, but the views of ultra-right-wing neoconservatives have absolutely no place in American politics anymore.
      As it should be. I agree with both thoughts.

I wouldn't be surprised to see their influence dwindle in the national legislature, as it most justly should.
      I not only expect the “dwindle”; but, my point is that on the national level I can not foresee any circumstance where the country will ever be “ruled” by religious fundamentalists and neo-cons . . . unless true disaster befalls the Planet. I have too much hope and trust that rational discourse will not let this happen.

E-mail forwarded from "Shotput58" in Orange County, CA, March 12, 2008:
      "FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
      melahat@ocdemocrats.org
      (714) 835-5158
      Santa Ana, CA - March 12, 2008

Decline-to-State voters of California's Orange County are clearly stating that the Democrats are offering something they want this year.

42,422 Decline-to-State voters in Orange County requested Democratic ballots in the February 5 presidential primary. 12,871 of those making the request did so by requesting their ballot by mail (Permanent Vote-By-Mail voters). That means that nearly 30,000 Decline-to-State voters walked into polling places through-out the county on election day and requested Democratic ballots!
      County Chair Frank Barbaro is upbeat, saying "We are excited and encouraged that the national momentum is having a positive effect in Orange County." Democrats believe that it's more than just prevailing sentiments in the country."
      Executive Director Melahat Rafiei attributes at least some of the growing shift to increased party activity: "Our staff and amazing volunteers are out there every day, and this is evidence that their hard work is paying off. We will keep reaching out to Orange County residents to let them know that they can find refuge in the Democratic Party.
      In the past 12 months, Democratic registration has increased county-wide by nearly 26,000 voters. This astonishing number compares to the lackluster Republican net-gain in the same time period of less than 1,600 voters."

Comment

Working...
      X